Thursday, July 14, 2011

SISTERS

I've never had a biological sister, so I have never been one to believe that blood has to link you to someone to love them like a sister.  I had very close friends and cousins growing up that I have always considered sisters. Lanette was a sister to me beginning our eighth grade year and we continued to communicate like sisters even when she moved to Georgia our sophomore year.  Sabrina Lynn Coats Lowry is my sister until this very day.  We met when we were freshmen in high school only to find out that we lived just three miles from each other.  She has stood by me through every imaginable event in my life.  She is my sister.  I have been blessed with so many friends that are truly "sisters" to me.....Sabrina, Kathy, Stephanie...I would not be the person I am today without these amazing ladies.   I am even blessed now to have a sister-in-law, Christy, who treats me like a true sister!  :)

I cannot begin to explain the amazing bond I have watched take place between Emma, Maylee, and Becca over the past six months.  I knew they loved playing with one another and being together, but I truly did not know the depth of their love until this past week.  Even though they are all so young, they knew how important their sisterhood was to one another as Maylee was going through the difficult time of losing her Daddy.  I heard Emma offer Maylee sweet words of encouragement and understanding.  On the day of the funeral, I was rushing Maylee to get ready (as usual)....but I had to stop and slow down when I realized that the three of them were in the sweetest embrace!  I had to wait for the three to have a group hug and then individual hugs.  Never underestimate the love and comfort of your SISTERS! 

The SISTERS at the YMCA for a fun day at the pool. 

3 comments:

  1. How sweet, Amanda! I think I'm going to cry!
    Love,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It is amazing to see kids interact the way they do. Just when we think they don't understand they blow us away with something they say or do.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much! BFF always
    ;) Sabrina

    ReplyDelete