Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Day of 2011..... Happy 2012

As I sit here and reflect on this year, it amazes me how it truly seems like time is moving by so quickly.  I usually measure my life and years in "school years" because that is just the way my life flows.  There is no way I could use a true yearly calendar that begins in January  - I have to use the academic calendar that begins in July and ends in June!  Usually my definition of a "New Year" is July 1st when the hustle and bustle of the new school year begins!  So truly looking from January to December is a difficult as in mind-shifting and FUN thing for me to do!


Creating this blog has been a wonderful way for us to really see and reflect on the yearly events of our lives. As I look back on all of the posts this morning, I am amazed and humbled about how God has truly worked in our lives.  


2011 was the year I married the most amazing man who is my best friend!  Thank you, Dan!  Words will never express what you mean to me.  If you have ever heard Blake Shelton's song, "God Gave me You" then it pretty much sums it up!  


2011 brought many trials and tribulations, love and hope, tears and smiles that any year will bring.  These are the things that make us stronger and bring us together as family and friends.  


We love you all and wish you a very Happy New Year! 


We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  
We are going to put words on them ourselves.  
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. 
 ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad Dan married the most amazing girl. You are God's gift to him, our granddaughters, and to our entire family.

    Love,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete